SimpleJTA - A Simple Java Transaction Manager
SimpleJTA implements a standalone JTA compliant Transaction Manager.
It is primarily designed to be used when a J2EE server is not available,
for example, in Servlet applications, or standalone Java programs.
SimpleJTA is being developed and tested with Oracle 9i and Apache
Derby database management systems. It is fairly easy to add support for
other database systems that support the XA interface.
||Version 1.07 released. This is a bug-fix release.
||Version 2.0.2 (alpha quality) released. SimpleJTA has been refactored to use
SpringFramework internally for managing configuration. User Guide and Build instructions have been updated (see below for links).
||SimpleJTA source code is now hosted at SourceForge instead of java.net.
- SimpleJTA does not require a J2EE or Servlet container. It provides
an implementation of UserTransaction interface so that an application
using SimpleJTA can easily switch to another JTA implementation.
- SimpleJTA implements a transaction log to enable recovery after
- Distributed transaction propagation between multiple application
servers is not supported. There is no support for JTS.
- SimpleJTA implements the UserTransaction, Transaction and
TransactionManager interfaces. The Transaction and TransactionManager
interfaces have not been tested extensively.
- SimpleJTA provides its own JDBC datasources for Oracle and Derby.
It is easy to add support for other database systems.
- SimpleJTA JDBC datasources and UserTransaction implementation can be registered to JNDI.
- There is experimental support for JMS providers such as ActiveMQ.
- SimpleJTA can be used within a Spring Framework managed
SimpleJTA source code is now hosted at SourceForge.
If you would like to participate in this project, please contact me at dibyendu at mazumdar dot demon dot co dot uk.